A regular monthly board meeting for the Depot Street Farmers Market was held on 03-14-2016 and was called to order at 6:05 pm by Mary Goldman, President.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Heather Youngblood, Bill Jones, Mary Goldman, George A. Blanks
Minutes Approval: No February meeting
Treasurers report: Total on hand $2684.48
- suggests we should contact vendors that were at the first vendor meeting and at the full moon celebration.
- Iris fest wants to use our space may 21st in exchange they will advertise for us.
- Need posters for market
- Will check on porta-potties rental
Mary motioned for two folding table purchase to be used by the market as information booth tables. George seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
Newsletters updated: Newsletters will be done through the website (mailpoet) which allows for unlimited newsletters, emails, and editors but has a limit of 2000 subscribers for the free version. Heather will be writing vendor newsletters at about 2 per month. Bill will be writing the consumer newsletter at about weekly or as needed.
- We are now in Appalachian Sustainable Development
- We are now in ASAP Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project
- Still need to join Pick TN and Locally Grown
- We are registered for EBT, currently awaiting official reply
Vendor Meeting: We will be having our next vendor meeting at the Tabernacle Presbyterian Church, 715 Wesley Ave, April 11 at 6pm. Bring a covered dish. DSFM will provide drinks and utensils. Meeting will start around 6:30. Please RSVP if you plan to join us for dinner.
Billboards: We discussed the pros and cons of billboards and decided unanimously that now is not the right time, primarily too expensive. While we agreed we may be able to find donations to cover the cost we feel that the large sum of money in question could be better spent elsewhere.
Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm
Next Meeting April 11, 6:00pm